To reduce asthma morbidity and mortality for children and adolescents in the northeast region of North Carolina through a comprehensive, multidisciplinary public health approach.
Through the multidisciplinary team approach, the Albemarle Pediatric Asthma Coalition will develop, implement, and evaluate interventions with the communities of care to enhance the quality of life for those individuals living with asthma.
- Grant Awards through NC DHHS, NC Asthma Program, CDC, Vidant Health Communities Benefit and Health Initiatives, 1999-present.
- Recognition of Asthma Awareness month (May) and World Asthma Day with banners, signs, pinwheels at child care centers and schools, newspaper ads
- Publically read proclamations by students at local city and county governing bodies 2005-2012.
- Camp Noweezin (2002 - 2014); camp for ages 7 through 9.
- Asthma Action Plan in English and Spanish for pre-school and school-age children
- Asthma Education Curriculum for School Nurses and Other Elementary-Middle School Personnel 2012-present
- Asthma Education Curriculum for Child Care Providers 2010-present
- Annual Asthma Art contest 2013 to present to coincide with Asthma Awareness month
- Management and educational tools for providers, coaches and teachers including action plans, clip boards, field trip bags and pharmacy stickers
- Asthma Warriors Club at Chowan Middle School 2007 - 2009
- Asthma Education and Yoga at Bertie Middle School partnering with the Bertie YMCA 2008 - 2011