Reports & Statistics
ARHS works cooperatively with various community leaders and partners to review and compile health data for the Albemarle Region. This data drives many of the community health initiatives in the region to encourage community and individual health. Below are reports listed to outline findings, along with links to various data reports depicting regional, state, and national health statistics.
Click a link below to view the listed reports.
Albemarle Region Community Health Assessment & Environmental Assessment
State of the County Health Reports
During the three interim years between Community Health Assessments, the local health departments are required to do a State-of-the-County's Health (SOTCH) Report that will:
- track priority issues identified in the Community Health Assessment;
- identify emerging issues;
- highlight new initiatives.
The State-of-the-County's Health Report includes the following:
- A review of major morbidity and mortality data for the county;
- A review of the health concerns selected as priorities;
- Progress made in the last year on these priorities;
- A review of any changes in the data that guided the selection of these priorities;
- Other changes in your county that affect health concerns (such as economic and/or political changes, new funds or grants available to address health problems);
- New and emerging issues that affect health status; and
- Ways community members can get involved with ongoing efforts.
Data Reports & Health Statistics
Note: Many of the sites below also link to additional data sources