The Harvest of the Month Featured Produce is Cranberries!
In season late October to December
- Good source of Vitamin C
- Good source of fiber
- Fat, cholesterol, & sodium free
- Cranberries got their name because their flowers resemble cranes.
- Native Americans used cranberries to make a survival cake known as pemmican. They also used the fruit in poultices and dyes.
- Select cranberries that are firm and not shriveled or decayed.
- Refrigerate cranberries for up to 2 months or freeze for future use.
Source: Fruit and Veggies Matter Morehttps://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/cranberries