The Harvest of the Month Featured Produce is Brussels Sprouts!
In season January to February
- High in Vitamin C
- Good source of folate & dietary fiber
- Low in call
- These veggies are not baby cabbages, like some people say, but they are in the same plant family.
- Believed to be cultivated in Belgium around the 16th century.
- Named Brussels sprouts, not Brussel sprouts, and it's Brussels sprout even if you're only referring to one sprout. Say that 3 times fast.
- Choose firm, compact, bright green Brussels sprouts heads.
- Buy on the stalk whenever available.
- Store in plastic bag in refrigerator for up to one week.
Source: Fruit and Veggies Matter More