Recipe of the Month
Bleu Cheese Stuffed Figs
- 16 black missing figs, cleaned and stems removed
- 4 ounces bleu cheese
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced and gently torn into 16 strips
- ¼ cup marcona almonds, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- white pepper to taste
1. Preheat the broiler on low.
2. Using a small knife, score the tops of each fig with an “X”, about ½ inch deep.
3. Stuff each fig with a small chunk of bleu cheese.
4. Neatly wrap each fig with a piece of prosciutto. Season with white pepper.
5. Place the dressed figs onto an ovenproof plate or shallow baking dish and broil for about 3-5 minutes, just until the bleu cheese begins to melt and the prosciutto starts to crisp up.
6. Remove the figs from the oven and allow to cool, about 5 minutes.
7. Drizzle honey over the figs and finish with a sprinkle of almonds. Serve.
Source: Spoon Fork Bacon